Hoyts Fremantle – Oriana Theatre
Hoyts Fremantle- Oriana Theatre.
The Theatre opened on August 4th in 1938 with the picture ‘Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs”.
In 1949 the Auditorium was remodelled.
Cinemascope was installed in 1954 with ” Three Coins In The Fountain”.
In 1959 the Theatre celebrated its 21st birthday with the picture ” The Inn Of The Six Happiness”. Hoyts then sold the theatre to City Theatres and Goldfield Pictures.
In 1968 the Theatre was renamed the Oriana.
In 1968 the Theatre celebrated its 30th birthday with a new screen and stage.
The Oriana Theatre closed on the 4th December 1971 after 33 years of operation and was demolished in February 1972.